Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:41
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Sep 18, 2005

Hi Ralph,
I tried to upgrade to 7.0, but the system does not know my email address nor my username anymore. Is there a chance to log in somewhere and get the update?
Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:41
German to Croatian
+ ...
Do you mean that you cannot access the Customer Center? Sep 18, 2005

I presume you have bought Trados 6.5 with a softkey licence.
After settling the payment issue with your Trados representative, you should be able to upgrade via https://trados.subscribenet.com/

BR,

Vesna

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yes! Sep 18, 2005

I just downloaded Trados 7 as Vesna suggested. But you need your username and original password Trados gave you when purchased Trados 6.5

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you purchase 7.0 Sep 18, 2005

Hi Heinrich,
You said you wanted to upgrade - does that mean you purchased the upgrade already?

If you cannot log in, have you used the Password Finder that's provided on the login page? There's also a link to CC Support on that page - have you sent Trados a message through that link?

Best regards,
Ralf

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried to purchase 7 Sep 18, 2005

I wanted to use the september offer. The username for my 6.5 licence is my mail address, but the field does not allow more than 16 characters.
I can log in to my account, but from there I cannot purchase the new version, at least not for the sales price of 175 e.
I send a note to the guy who is mentioned in the purchase message, Lex@Trados.com

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Go to TranslationZone Sep 18, 2005

Hi Heinrich,
I can log in to my account, but from there I cannot purchase the new version, at least not for the sales price of 175 e.

I'm not surprised - go to www.translationzone.com to purchase, and follow the link in the middle of the page (Existing Customers - Upgrade Now).

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2005-09-18 15:19]

Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried that from the beginning Sep 18, 2005

but as I mentioned, my email adress does not fit into the username box. It takes only 16 characters. And the system does not recognise my email adress when I try to get the contact information. But I can log in for 6.5. and view my download-statistics etc.
So I guess I have to wait till they fix this bug.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados company does not know me anymore

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs