Australia
Local time: 19:08
German to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2005

Probably this is a very straightforward question, but:

Hi

I have Trados 6.5.5 Freelance.

I have just had Windows reinstalled on my computer and all the data files were saved. I have put the Trados files in my new Program Files but cannot work out how to reinstall the program. I have my login and password for my Customer Centre account so it is just a question of reactivating Trados.
Do I have to download it again?

Any help welcome.

Sincerely

Robin Salmon

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:08
English to German
+ ...
Did you also save the Installer? Sep 21, 2005

Hi Robin,
I have just had Windows reinstalled on my computer and all the data files were saved.

Did you also save the 'installer' (meaning the compressed archive containing the files required for installation)? What about your license file (if you're using a soft license)?

I have put the Trados files in my new Program Files but cannot work out how to reinstall the program. I have my login and password for my Customer Centre account so it is just a question of reactivating Trados.

Er... no, it's not, actually, as installing a program doesn't just mean moving the program files to a given location on the computer. What appears to be missing are the registry entries created during installation. Note that this isn't a Trados issue: didn't you have to reinstall MS Office, for example?

Do I have to download it again?

Unless you saved the installation files, yes.

Best regards,
Ralf

Robin Salmon  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:08
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 21, 2005

Hi Ralf

I found where the installer was saved and downloaded the licence file from the e-mail I had kept it in.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely

Robin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstalling Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs