Thread poster: Amber Intl.
Amber Intl.
Amber Intl.  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:04
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2005

Hi,
We are using Trados 6.5_FL (Trados Workbench 6.5.5.438 (Build 438)) and Windows 2000.
We moved and had to download and install Trados in a new PC. Doing so the dongle burned/melted and is obviously destroyed.
Trados is now running in DEMO mode.
We have sent several e-mails to TRADOS Support Center over the last few weeks, asking for a Soft License File or a new dongle. But Trados has not responded.
Can anyone tell us who to contact about this problem?
<
... See more
Hi,
We are using Trados 6.5_FL (Trados Workbench 6.5.5.438 (Build 438)) and Windows 2000.
We moved and had to download and install Trados in a new PC. Doing so the dongle burned/melted and is obviously destroyed.
Trados is now running in DEMO mode.
We have sent several e-mails to TRADOS Support Center over the last few weeks, asking for a Soft License File or a new dongle. But Trados has not responded.
Can anyone tell us who to contact about this problem?

Amber International LLC
E. M. Rhodes
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 22:04
German
+ ...
Exchange Sep 21, 2005

Well, if despite all the damage it is still recognizable as a former Trados dongle, you should be able to get an exchange. They may demand a service fee, but certainly not the full price of a license. And if they don't you still have your computer/electronics insurance. Right? Right?

I once had a case where one of our dongles ceased working, although I have to admit it wasn't visibly damaged, and Trados exchanged it without problems.

Shame, really, that they seem to be
... See more
Well, if despite all the damage it is still recognizable as a former Trados dongle, you should be able to get an exchange. They may demand a service fee, but certainly not the full price of a license. And if they don't you still have your computer/electronics insurance. Right? Right?

I once had a case where one of our dongles ceased working, although I have to admit it wasn't visibly damaged, and Trados exchanged it without problems.

Shame, really, that they seem to be playing "hard to get" with you.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Regards,
Benjamin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dongle problems

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »