Change .ini for .xml inTagEditor
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 05:40
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 23, 2005

A few days ago, an agency sent me a xml file for translation in TagEditor, without an ini, and due to some communication block between them and their customer they told me no ini was available and I should do what I was able to. So I created a new ini file and translated the xml. But now their customer sent them the proper ini and wants it redone with it.

Fair enough, I can redo it from the translation memory and charge the agency for this extra work they unnecessarily imposed upon me. However, TagEditor remembers which ini file the xml was opened with the first time - it may be trivial, but I do not now how to make it open the original xml with the new ini.

I am in a bit of a hurry about that (or rather, they are).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Antonin

[Edited at 2005-09-23 20:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOlaf
English to German
Change it with a text editor Sep 23, 2005

antonin_1955 wrote:

gEditor remembers which ini file the xml was opened with the first time - it may be trivial, but I do not now how to make it open the original xml with the new ini.

[/quote]

Trados stores the ini file that was last used to edit a file in the TTX file. To change this simply open the file in Notepad and change the the name there. Simply change the text after SettingsName= and SettingsPath= as needed.

Olaf

Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur  Identity Verified
Hungary
Dutch to Hungarian
+ ...
Or remove the present .ini file? Sep 24, 2005

I'm guessing it can also help if you (re)move the .ini file you last used from the location where it is now. This way Trados won't find it at startup and will probably ask you for a new location, then you can choose the other .ini. I haven't controlled if this is correct, i'm just basing it on my experience.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change .ini for .xml inTagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs