Thread poster: krtko
krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 17:59
English to Croatian
+ ...
Sep 26, 2005

Hi! I have a glossary in excel file. My question is can I convert it to an TM file and if yes how. Thank You

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 11:59
English to Danish
WinAlign Sep 26, 2005

If you have one language in one column and the other language in another column, I would cut one column out and paste it in a new excel file and save it.
Then I would use WinAlign to create my TM.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 11:59
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Align with T-Window for Excel Sep 26, 2005

Using WinAlign is OK, but T-Window for Excel will be easier (no need to confirm segments):
http://www.proz.com/post/253709#253709

By the way, it might be more useful for you to convert the glossary into a termbase using MultiTerm Convert. Or you create both TM and termbase.

krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 17:59
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You Sep 26, 2005

Thank You both! Especially You madame, since You have answered all of my questions so far.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make TM file in Trados 6.5

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »