Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:04
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 26, 2005

I did a job for a new client and he asked me to send him the uncleaned bilingual files (ttx). I did so, but I have a strange feeling...Is this procedure usual? He didn't send me his TM along with the files to be translated. Somehow I feel as if I gave him something I shouldn't or mustn'd have given.
I feel confused!

Direct link Reply with quote

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:04
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I didn't see anything unusual Sep 26, 2005

This seems quite normal to me.

Constance Mannshardt wrote:

I did a job for a new client and he asked me to send him the uncleaned bilingual files (ttx). I did so, but I have a strange feeling...Is this procedure usual? He didn't send me his TM along with the files to be translated. Somehow I feel as if I gave him something I shouldn't or mustn'd have given.
I feel confused!

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Quite common Sep 26, 2005

It's quite common to send uncleaned files. The client would be able to align the translation anyway, so you are just not making it harder for them.

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 26, 2005

Yes, of course! I can think clearly again. The uncleaned file has nothing to do with my TM.
Thanks a lot for your answers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uncleaned bilingual ttx to client?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs