Mobile menu

How should I update the list of termbases?
Thread poster: Hna

Hna
Local time: 01:08
English to Russian
Sep 27, 2005

I have deleted the number of termbases. Though when I go through Options >>> Term Recognition Options >>> Browse >>> Local termbases I see the whole list of all the termbases the deleted ones included. If I choose one of those I receive the following message "Sorry. This file is missing..."

How can I update the list?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:08
English to German
+ ...
What exactly did you do? Sep 27, 2005

Can you please describe exactly how you deleted termbases?

Best regards,
Ralf

Hna
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe... Sep 27, 2005

Maybe I made it not in the way it should have been done. I simply opened the folder T6_FL and deleted all the items with corresponding names.

Hna

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:08
English to German
+ ...
What were you trying to do? Sep 27, 2005

Sorry for asking new questions, but I'm totally confused as to what you were trying to achieve...

What puzzles me is that MultiTerm doesn't store termbases under the names assigned - the connection between the friendly name (i.e. the plain-language name assigned by a user) and the file name(s) in a database file called MTMaster.mdb. If you deleted that, you really have a problem... did you?

Best regards,
Ralf

Hna
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
I found the way out Sep 27, 2005

I found that I had to use MULTITERM panel to delete these termbases. Now everything is ok.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How should I update the list of termbases?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs