Mobile menu

URGENT!!!! Cleaning xml files
Thread poster: Débora D'Eramo

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 20:15
English to Spanish
Sep 28, 2005

Hi everybody! I need to know asap how to clean a ttx file in order to have the original xml file back. I need to deliver it to the client today!
Thanks!
My Trados version is 6.5

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:15
English to German
+ ...
Cleanup?? Sep 28, 2005

Hi Débora,
I need to know asap how to clean a ttx file in order to have the original xml file back.

Cleaning won't get you the original file, but would provide the translation without the source segments.

Unless you need to incorporate 'manual' changes made after translation, just save the TTX file as target only.

HTH, Ralf

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
You do not actually "clean" Sep 28, 2005

Go "File > Save Target As..." and save the translated xml under a name you wish.

Antonin

Débora D'Eramo
United States
Local time: 20:15
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Sep 28, 2005

Apparently I had a lapsus!!!!
I wasn't able to think clearly: Save target as was the key
Thanks, Ralf

tortuga langua
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
Am I confused or not? Oct 16, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Débora,
I need to know asap how to clean a ttx file in order to have the original xml file back.

Cleaning won't get you the original file, but would provide the translation without the source segments.

Unless you need to incorporate 'manual' changes made after translation, just save the TTX file as target only.

HTH, Ralf

Dear colleagues, I am trying to solve a similar problem - I am proofreading excel files translated with tageditor, now I have to send the translated file in xls back. I already saved the ttx file as target only and was successful in getting xls file in target language back. So far, so good... But now I am asking me, how to do "clean up"? Or better to say - do I need to clean the ttx-file after proofreading to update the TM? (If so, please in what format? Workbench did not worked correctly with the ttx-file, when I tried it.)
Thank you VERY MUCH, Lucie

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Updating the TM Oct 16, 2005

Depending on the size of the job and the ratio of the segments that have been edited during the proofreading:

(1) either: run fuzzy translation on the ttx from the beginning, just confirming the changes of the segments you corrected

(2) or: open the first segment, and use an external macro program to run a series of keyboard-control steps (as many as there are segments)

Option (1) is suitable for smaller jobs, or if you need to have another look at the changes; (2) is fully automatic, will not let you change antyhing, but you do not have to attend to it at all.

Before (2), you should disable spell-chekcing by segment, if you have it on.

Antonin

[Edited at 2005-10-16 14:44]

tortuga langua
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
external macro Oct 16, 2005

antonin_1955 wrote:

Depending on the size of the job and the ratio of the segments that have been edited during the proofreading:

(1) either: run fuzzy translation on the ttx from the beginning, just confirming the changes of the segments you corrected

(2) or: open the first segment, and use an external macro program to run a series of keyboard-control steps (as many as there are segments)

Option (1) is suitable for smaller jobs, or if you need to have another look at the changes; (2) is fully automatic, will not let you change antyhing, but you do not have to attend to it at all.

Before (2), you should disable spell-chekcing by segment, if you have it on.

Antonin

[Edited at 2005-10-16 14:44]

Dear Antonin, thank you very much for the tip, I chose (1).
Please, would you specify what external macro program (2) did you mean? Thank you! Lucie

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
There are quite a few programs for "Windows automation" Oct 16, 2005

If you type "windows macro" in Google, you can choose among them, depending on how much you want to pay and/or what features you want. If you test a trial download for compatibility with TagEditor and you are satisfied, you can buy and use the program.

There may even be some free ones...

Since TagEditor still does not offer macros as a part of its interface (which is a shame), I cannot do without such a program when translating in Trados.

Regards,

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT!!!! Cleaning xml files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs