Mobile menu

How to customize Word spellchecking in Tag Editor?
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 00:02
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 29, 2005

When working on a project, there are usually quite a few terms, etc., I want to skip at spell-cheking but to not want to add to my general spell-check dictionary.

"Ignore All" is unfortunately reset when I have to reopen the file; and it cannot be shared between files.

So, can I set to which dictionary I add with "Add" button of the spell-checker? If yes, how?

Direct link Reply with quote

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:02
English to French
In Word Sep 29, 2005

I am not sure, but I think if you press add in tagEditor, the word goes to the default custom dictionary set in Word (Options>Grammer and spelling>custom dictionaries). There you can create a custom dictionary dedicated to TagEditor and set it as the default before TagEditing. You probably can uncheck it in Word when you finish TagEditing.
It may be worth a try.
As regards spellchecking, I was much happier with the built-in spellchecker there was in 5.5. With 6.5, there is no choice. Word often crashes when I close it (there is a loading in Word when you open TagEditor) or I have to CtrlAltSuppr to terminate Winword and reopen it to work in it. I don't know if it is my Word configuration, but I didn't have these annoyances with WinterTree... and you could add words in a file separate from Word.

Have fun,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to customize Word spellchecking in Tag Editor?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs