Thread poster: Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen
Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:53
Dutch to French
+ ...
Sep 30, 2005

Hi everybody

I have received different TM4S from an agency and I have to make use of them in my translation. Unfortunately, there are 2 different TMs, one tmw and one tmx. As I work with Wordfast, I can open the tmx without any problems, but it only contains 9 sentences... and is thus of no use whatsoever. The tmw on the other hand is much bigger (7559ko vs 980527ko) but I cannot open it as it is.

I have several colleagues who work with Trados but do not know either how to transform a tmw into tmx.

Can anyone explain to me whether it is possible and how to proceed ?

Many thanks for yr help
Elisabeth

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Transform to txt Sep 30, 2005

I can't help you transforming your tmw to tmx.

However, I recently received a Trados TM as txt file, and Wordfast can handle those.

If your colleagues know how to transform the tmw to Trados txt, you can import it with WF.

HTH.

Sonja

Cristóbal del Río Faura  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
tmw Sep 30, 2005

Tmw is the Trados format for TM databases. To convert a tmw into tmx or text format you need to export it from Trados into these formats, i.e. you need Trados. Maybe one of your colleagues working with Trados can do it for you. (Open the TM in Trados Workbench, select Export in the File menu, give it a name and select a folder, select .tmx or .txt, and clic OK.) If you can't find anybody to do this, please contact me through my profile.

Good luck,
Cristóbal

Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen  Identity Verified
France
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much ! Sep 30, 2005

Hi Sonja, Cristobàl

Sonja : I have tried with the .txt file and it works !

Cristobàl : I have indicated yr explanation to my colleagues and I have now also received a real .tmx TM

Thanks a lot to both of you and have a nice weekend

Elisabeth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transformation of a .tmw into .tmx Urgent

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums