Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 3, 2005

Hello,
I have been working well with my recently installed T7 and Mutliterm 7 on my windows XP the last days, but I am still not able to see matching terms (in my termbase) in my document beeing translated on word (workbench multiterm window), although the buttons from multiterm appear on word.
Does anybody have an idea what I could have made wrong or still need to adjust?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:49
English to German
+ ...
Terminology Recognition Options Oct 3, 2005

Hi Constance,
A few points to check:

- Go to Options - Terminology Recognition Options.
- Make sure the Terminology provider is set to MultiTerm iX.
- Check if Termbase location shows the right termbase.
- Check if the language direction is correct.

HTH, Ralf

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
terminology provider & language discrepancy Oct 3, 2005

Hi Ralf,

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Constance,
A few points to check:

- Go to Options - Terminology Recognition Options.
- Make sure the Terminology provider is set to MultiTerm iX.

On Terminology Recognition Options I can only set Trados 5 or Trados 7. Multiterm iX doesn't appear to me.

It isn't! I've got German Austria to Pt-Pt when the original is German Germany to Pt-Br. Is there any way of correcting this now?

Thank you!

[Edited at 2005-10-03 17:18]

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check your termbase Oct 3, 2005

Hi again,
On Terminology Recognition Options I can only set Trados 5 or Trados 7. Multiterm iX doesn't appear to me.

Sorry, that one changed in T7 (still using 6.5.441 myself) - Trados 7 is the one you need.

It isn't! I've got German Austria to Pt-Pt when the original is German Germany to Pt-Br. Is there any way of correcting this now?

Looks like your termbase isn't set up properly. Obviously I don't know your database structure, or the languages and locales you're working on, so I don't know what's in there...

Did you set up the termbase yourself? If yes, which languages/locales did you choose?

Best, Ralf

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Languages Oct 3, 2005

Hi Ralf,
I started the import of the converted termbase again correcting the languages properly (de-Germany to PT-Pt). Now that I ended the whole process, I can't see my entries that should be there (on multiterm). I am sure I am forgetting some detail (there are so many to adjust).
I imported the xdl file into multiterm, gave it a new name, I selected trados 7 and the termbase I want to use, opened it on multiterm....and nothing!...
See more
Hi Ralf,
I started the import of the converted termbase again correcting the languages properly (de-Germany to PT-Pt). Now that I ended the whole process, I can't see my entries that should be there (on multiterm). I am sure I am forgetting some detail (there are so many to adjust).
I imported the xdl file into multiterm, gave it a new name, I selected trados 7 and the termbase I want to use, opened it on multiterm....and nothing!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the languages in Workbench Oct 3, 2005

Hi again,
I started the import of the converted termbase again correcting the languages properly (de-Germany to PT-Pt). Now that I ended the whole process, I can't see my entries that should be there (on multiterm).

Does this mean you cannot find the entries in MultiTerm?
(Bear in mind that MT does not have to be open for the purposes of interactive term recognition in Workbench - accordingly, you need to make sure the language settings are ok in Workbench (in the dialogue I referred to).

I imported the xdl file into multiterm, gave it a new name, I selected trados 7 and the termbase I want to use, opened it on multiterm....and nothing!

Can you be more specific as to what you're trying to do? Are you trying to search terms in MultiTerm, or are you looking for term recognition in Workbench?

Best regards,
Ralf

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
term recognition Oct 4, 2005

Hi Ralf, good morning,

(Bear in mind that MT does not have to be open for the purposes of interactive term recognition in Workbench - accordingly, you need to make sure the language settings are ok in Workbench (in the dialogue I referred to).

That's new! So I don't need to open MT so that it appears (term recognition) on workbench? I'll try this.

I was able just to change the lang
... See more
Hi Ralf, good morning,

That's new! So I don't need to open MT so that it appears (term recognition) on workbench? I'll try this.

I was able just to change the languages on the termbase that I COULD see on my workbench, but it is still not recognizing terms.

Can you be more specific as to what you're trying to do? Are you trying to search terms in MultiTerm, or are you looking for term recognition in Workbench?

I just want the terms to be recognized and appear in workbench.

Now I have 3 termbases imported (exactly the same), but only one works (that means this termbase has allthe entries displayed). Do you know if I could remoce those two termbases I imported and that are not working?

Thank you!

[Edited at 2005-10-04 04:47]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Workbench/MT interface Oct 4, 2005

Hi again,
Just a hint: quoting and other functions are described in the Forum FAQ.

That's new! So I don't need to open MT so that it appears (term recognition) on workbench?

No - Workbench has its own interface to termbases. OTOH it doesn't hurt to have it open in parallel.

I was able just to change the languages on the termbase that I COULD see on my workbench, but it is still not recognizing terms.

Again, it's close to impossible to tell any causes without seeing your termbases. Assuming that the language direction is correctly set in the Workbench term recognition settings, you could try lowering the settings (I use a minimum match value of 30%, BTW).

Now I have 3 termbases imported (exactly the same), but only one works (that means this termbase has allthe entries displayed). Do you know if I could remoce those two termbases I imported and that are not working?

Have you tried Termbase - Delete termbase in MTiX?

Best regards,
Ralf

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working Oct 6, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:
Hi Ralf,

Again, it's close to impossible to tell any causes without seeing your termbases. Assuming that the language direction is correctly set in the Workbench term recognition settings, you could try lowering the settings (I use a minimum match value of 30%, BTW).

The language direction is correct, I lovered the recognition settings, changed termbase recognition (languages) were it was wrong...and everything is getting worse. Now I can only see 1 entry and when I try to reorganise or something in order to see another entry I get the message "must have at least one entry"!!!! But when I did the import, I've got the message "228 entries imported"!

Have you tried Termbase - Delete termbase in MTiX?

Couldn't find this one...

Best regards,
Ralf

Thank you!

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
FAQ Oct 6, 2005

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,
Just a hint: quoting and other functions are described in the Forum FAQ.

[quote]

I'm still finding out, don't get angry!

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
my personal stumbing block with MultiTerm / convert Oct 10, 2005

was that on import of the XML intermmediate to MT I did not define both source AND target fields as index entries. The symptoms were then in my case identical to what's happening to you - empty database.

Regards

smo
PS: one more point: there's been a long warning documentation on incompatibility / trouble / danger (cant remember exactly any more) of using MT6.5-created memories in the #7 version. Maybe you need to export in 6.5 first and then reimport in 7 ....... See more
was that on import of the XML intermmediate to MT I did not define both source AND target fields as index entries. The symptoms were then in my case identical to what's happening to you - empty database.

Regards

smo
PS: one more point: there's been a long warning documentation on incompatibility / trouble / danger (cant remember exactly any more) of using MT6.5-created memories in the #7 version. Maybe you need to export in 6.5 first and then reimport in 7 ....

[Edited at 2005-10-10 05:05]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms multiterm x workbench

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »