Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:44
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Oct 7, 2005

Hi.
I created a termbase in Multiterm (version 6) and named it FREN_technical. I would like to change that name to something more specific, but I can't figure out how. I don't see any files with that name, and I can't find in which file the termbase names are stored. Is there a way to do it?
Thanks in advance.
Maria

[Edited at 2005-10-07 22:11]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:44
English to German
+ ...
mtmaster.mdb Oct 8, 2005

Hi Maria,
It's possible, but you need to be careful...

The friendly names of termbases are managed in a file called mtmaster.mdb. Before making any changes to this file, make sure to create a copy first - if you damage this file, you will lose access to all your termbases.

The file contains a table called Termbases; this table contains the allocation of physical names (=the file names) to friendly names (=the names display
... See more
Hi Maria,

The friendly names of termbases are managed in a file called mtmaster.mdb. Before making any changes to this file, make sure to create a copy first - if you damage this file, you will lose access to all your termbases.

The file contains a table called Termbases; this table contains the allocation of physical names (=the file names) to friendly names (=the names displayed in the selection list).

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:44
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Oct 8, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

OK, I will
Thanks so much for replying; I'll let you know if it doesn't work And also thank you for warning me; losing access to all my termbases would be terrible.
Maria

[Edited at 2005-10-08 19:56]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I rename a termbase?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »