https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/37669-shortcut_to_get_translation_in_tageditor.html

Shortcut to 'Get Translation' in TagEditor
Thread poster: ARNA Co.
ARNA Co.
ARNA Co.
Local time: 07:13
English to Russian
Oct 8, 2005

Hello everyone!

I would like to kindly ask if anyone could help me. I need a shortcut for the 'Get Translation' command in TagEditor cause to use mouse for this purpose takes a lot of time. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much in advance!

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
Not available Oct 8, 2005

Eney wrote:

Hello everyone!

I would like to kindly ask if anyone could help me. I need a shortcut for the 'Get Translation' command in TagEditor cause to use mouse for this purpose takes a lot of time. I would appreciate any help.

Hi Eney,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no shortcut for this function. My version is 6.5.5, would like to know if version 7 has anything new for this.

ARNA Co.
ARNA Co.
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Oct 8, 2005

[quote]Jianjun Zhang wrote:

Hi Eney,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no shortcut for this function. My version is 6.5.5, would like to know if version 7 has anything new for this.

Hi Jianjun,

Unfortunately I do not know whether this feature is implemented in Trados 7 or not. I have 6.5.5.438 version. I know how to assign this shorcut in Word. But now I have a big project to review in TagEditor and it is a real headache to click mouse button each time I need to paste translation from TM.

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:13
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I use Oct 8, 2005

Alt+B, G

Eney wrote:

Hello everyone!
I need a shortcut for the 'Get Translation' command in TagEditor

Don't know whether you consider this to be a shortcut. I do. After some excercise you get used tot it.

When you hit Alt+B you'll understand all the other shortcuts, fot instance Alt+B, 0 for "Set Close Next no 100% Open Get" (also Alt+Ctrl+Num+).

See also
http://www.proz.com/post/245079#245079
for info about version 7

[Edited at 2005-10-08 11:06]

ARNA Co.
ARNA Co.
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Does not work when in the Russian keyboard layout Oct 8, 2005

Henk Peelen wrote:

Alt+B, G

Don't know whether you consider this to be a shortcut. I do. After some excercise you get used tot it.

When you hit Alt+B you'll understand all the other shortcuts, fot instance Alt+B, 0 for "Set Close Next no 100% Open Get" (also Alt+Ctrl+Num+).

See also
http://www.proz.com/post/245079#245079
for info about version 7

[Edited at 2005-10-08 11:06]

Thank you Henk! Though this works only in the English keyboard layout, I believe this will bring definite speed-up.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:13
English to German
+ ...
Do it yourself - Shortcuts Oct 8, 2005

I used to recommend MacroMagic to create your own universal shortcuts, but it does not work with TagEditor because of the reserved Alt combinations.

For TagEditor I use MacroX

[Edited at 2005-10-08 13:08]

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Alt+shift+insert Oct 17, 2005

The shortcut for 'Get Translation' in TagEditor is 'Alt+Shift+Insert'. In TagEditor, to get the keyboard shortcuts, all you have to do is either click on the 'Workbench' menu or type Alt+b. You will then see a full list of Trados Workbench commands together with the appropriate keyboard shortcut in the dropdown menu.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:13
English to German
+ ...
New feature? Oct 18, 2005

Paul Malone wrote:
The shortcut for 'Get Translation' in TagEditor is 'Alt+Shift+Insert'. In TagEditor, to get the keyboard shortcuts, all you have to do is either click on the 'Workbench' menu or type Alt+b. You will then see a full list of Trados Workbench commands together with the appropriate keyboard shortcut in the dropdown menu.

I have TagEditor 6.5.5, and "Alt+Shift+Insert" does not do anything, nor is it shown in the Alt+b menu.

Which version do you have?

Paul Malone
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2005

[Edited at 2005-10-20 20:42]

Paul Malone
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
I am using Trados 7 Oct 20, 2005

Hi Harry, I am now using Trados 7, so this must be something that has been changed since the previous version. If you don't have it in 6.5.5, then it must be a new feature; this would also answer Jianjun's question.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shortcut to 'Get Translation' in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »