Mobile menu

A question to TRADOS users: Can I translate from English into English (to work in Georgian)?
Thread poster: Levan Namoradze

Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 18:10
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Oct 13, 2005

Dear colleagues,

I have recently purchased TRADOS 7.0. Unfortunately, it does not support Georgian. Now, here is the question(s) for you:

Can I translate from English into English using the TRADOS?

What do I mean? I could apply some English font (for instance Timesnewroman) for such English-English translation. Upon completion, I would assign a Georgian font to a target text using the MS Word.

Will that work?

Thanks in advance!

Levan

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:10
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Oct 13, 2005

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

Georgia
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 13, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

Thanks Ralf! I will do that!

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Are you using Unicode? Oct 13, 2005

Dear Levan,

I'm not a regular Trados user but I thought Trados 7 supports Unicode. Are your Unicode settings right?

If Trados really is getting you nowhere, you could try Wordfast, which supports any language Microsoft Word supports. When you use Unicode TMs and glossaries, Wordfast will pose no problems. But actually I think the same is true for Trados 7.

Regards,
Gerard

Georgia
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but... Oct 13, 2005

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Dear Levan,

I'm not a regular Trados user but I thought Trados 7 supports Unicode. Are your Unicode settings right?

If Trados really is getting you nowhere, you could try Wordfast, which supports any language Microsoft Word supports. When you use Unicode TMs and glossaries, Wordfast will pose no problems. But actually I think the same is true for Trados 7.

Regards,
Gerard

Gerard, thanks for response!

Yes, Trados 7.5 supports Georgian Unicode font. However, it is quite different from ttf font and therefore, creates some problems with typing.

Regards,
Levan

Tamila Beridze  Identity Verified
Austria
English to Georgian
+ ...
Same problem here Jun 5, 2007

Levan, I'm facing the same problem. Did you solve it and how?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A question to TRADOS users: Can I translate from English into English (to work in Georgian)?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs