"Fix Document" has disappeared in Trados
Thread poster: danielle johnso
danielle johnso
danielle johnso
English to Dutch
Oct 13, 2005

"Fix Document" in my Trados 5 has disappeared from the menu in Word 2002. I have reinstalled trados, clicked on the flagman and deleted normal.dot, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Danielle

Francisco Bolaños
Francisco Bolaños  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
(crossing fingers...) Oct 13, 2005

Something like this happened to me long ago, while using Trados 5. Perhaps I was a lil "rude", but I decided to uninstall both Trados and MS-Office (by that time, a nice source of headaches); removed program folders manually and execute Norton Systemworks, to fix register and shortcuts. I restarted and re-installed and it worked fine. Best luck!!!

Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:11
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try this way Oct 18, 2005

1.Open REGEDIT,find key assignments like this
Word 2002 (Word XP): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data,
pitch on Data key£¬press[Del] key¡£
2.Close REGEDIT

3.Restar Word 2000/2002

But I am not sure this will work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Fix Document" has disappeared in Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »