Mobile menu

"Fix Document" has disappeared in Trados
Thread poster: danielle johnso
danielle johnso
English to Dutch
Oct 13, 2005

"Fix Document" in my Trados 5 has disappeared from the menu in Word 2002. I have reinstalled trados, clicked on the flagman and deleted normal.dot, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Danielle

Direct link Reply with quote

Francisco Bolaños  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
(crossing fingers...) Oct 13, 2005

Something like this happened to me long ago, while using Trados 5. Perhaps I was a lil "rude", but I decided to uninstall both Trados and MS-Office (by that time, a nice source of headaches); removed program folders manually and execute Norton Systemworks, to fix register and shortcuts. I restarted and re-installed and it worked fine. Best luck!!!

Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try this way Oct 18, 2005

1.Open REGEDIT,find key assignments like this
Word 2002 (Word XP): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data,
pitch on Data key£¬press[Del] key¡£
2.Close REGEDIT

3.Restar Word 2000/2002

But I am not sure this will work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Fix Document" has disappeared in Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs