Mobile menu

TagEditor and spellchecking : one more trick
Thread poster: ALAIN COTE
ALAIN COTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:17
Japanese to French
Oct 14, 2005

You can't use MS Word spellcheck in TagEditor? Here is what I did to solve the problem...

My version of Word is 2000. I found the file MSTH_FC (FC for French-Canada in my case) in my old Word 97 CD, and pasted it in Program Files - Common Files - Microsoft Shared - Proof. Then I just opened TagEditor and selected the MS Word's spellcheck. Problem solved.

HTH

(Note : This trick worked with Trados 7 and Word2000. Maybe it works with other combinations too, just give it a try after backing up you files in the Proof directory.)

----
Oups, this post should be in the Trados forum, sorry...)

[Edited at 2005-10-14 03:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:17
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Moved to Trados forum Oct 14, 2005

Thanks Alain!

Moved to Trados forum

Roberta

[Edited at 2005-10-14 04:00]

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 19:17
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
How about accented characters? Oct 14, 2005

[quote]ALAIN COTE wrote:

My version of Word is 2000. I found the file MSTH_FC (FC for French-Canada in my case) in my old Word 97 CD, and pasted it in Program Files - Common Files - Microsoft Shared - Proof. Then I just opened TagEditor and selected the MS Word's spellcheck. Problem solved.
[Quote end]

Alain, does this work properly with accented characters? I use the Hungarian spellcheck file for spellchecking in Tag editor, but it does not recognize the "ű" and "ő" characters (two commas on top of the character). Have not tried yet with Trados 7.0.

Thanks
Janos

[Edited at 2005-10-14 06:30]

ALAIN COTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:17
Japanese to French
TOPIC STARTER
It's OK Oct 14, 2005

Dr. Janos Annus wrote:
Alain, does this work properly with accented characters? [Edited at 2005-10-14 06:30]

Hi. No problem at all with accented characters. I thought I would have problems since I pasted the French canadian file in a Japanese version of MS Word runing on the Japanese Windows XP, but it's OK (though I noticed that sometimes it gets "tired" and I have to close and reopen TagEditor).

------------
... To be honest I still prefer Wordfast to Trados 7, but for this project I have to open the file with TagEditor.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and spellchecking : one more trick

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs