Mobile menu

Spell check in TagEditor 6.5
Thread poster: Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
Oct 16, 2005

Has Trados fixed the spellchecker for the TagEditor or have they still not fixed this after all those years complaining by everyone?

I checked it on and there seems to be no solution other than copying/pasting it into Word. Rather a lousy solution I'd say.

Perhaps I should export the TM and run it through SDLX. But then I will need to export it back to Trados as the client insists on Trados.

Pretty cumbersome whichever way you look at it. Give the amount of money Trados requests for a license you'd have thought this would have been fixed long ago........... Can't be that difficult to program!

Anyone any constructive comments????

Harmen Rijks

Direct link Reply with quote

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 13:45
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Checking spelling of target text or TMs? Oct 16, 2005

Since I have been using more and more of Transit but cannot eliminate Trados completely, I unify my TMs with the aid of TMX editor from Heartsome.

Ther are some problems caused by bugs of both Trados and Transit, but it is the best TM processing tool I have found.

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:45
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TagEditor 7 does it right Oct 17, 2005

I hate to suggest this, but TagEditor 7, when linked to the Word spellcheck function, did it right, for both English and Hebrew (source/target).

I haven't any experience with v.6.5, so I can't comment on how it compares with this version. Perhaps this linking with Word is a new feature?

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:45
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Spellchecker... Oct 17, 2005

It works ok in my version of TagEditor (Built 441).

[Edited at 2005-10-17 11:09]

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:45
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Spell check link to Word Oct 18, 2005

Can the suggestion of Spell checking to Word be explained here for TagEditor?
I agree with the former comment of Trados being of very poor quality for spell checking.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check in TagEditor 6.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs