Thread poster: Flore Abadie
Flore Abadie
Flore Abadie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:27
English to French
Oct 17, 2005

Hello everybody,

I have been sent a WfGlossary and I cant seem to be able to import it in my TM. I use a version TRADOS 6.5 freelance 6.5.1.406
Thanks in advance,

Flore

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Client must convert it to TMX for you Oct 17, 2005

Flore Abadie wrote:
I have been sent a WfGlossary and I cant seem to be able to import it in my TM. I use a version TRADOS 6.5 freelance 6.5.1.406.

I'm not a Trados user. Is the glossary a Trados glossary or a Wordfast glossary?

Peter Bouillon
Peter Bouillon  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Glossary, not translation memory Oct 17, 2005

Flore Abadie wrote:
I have been sent a WfGlossary and I cant seem to be able to import it in my TM.

This is bound to be a simple glossary and not a translation memory. If my guess is right, it will be a simple text file where every line has two tab-delimited columns: one for the source word/phrase, one for the translated word/phrase. You can open it in any text editor in a pinch, or in an Excel.

You wouldn't want to convert such a file to a translation memory, since translation memories contain whole sentences, not only words or phrases.

P.

[Edited at 2005-10-17 18:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import of a WfGlossary

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »