Thread poster: Mariana Gomez
Mariana Gomez
Mariana Gomez
Mexico
Local time: 01:38
English to Spanish
Oct 18, 2005

Hello all,

I have a problem with the “Maintenance” function in Trados Translator’s Workbench (Version 6.5.5.438, build 438).

I cannot make the “Find and Replace” option work properly: I type the string of characters I want to find within a given memory, but when I press “Begin Search” the segments I get do not contain that string at all. I have tried typing the string between asterisks and inverted commas, but it does not work.

... See more
Hello all,

I have a problem with the “Maintenance” function in Trados Translator’s Workbench (Version 6.5.5.438, build 438).

I cannot make the “Find and Replace” option work properly: I type the string of characters I want to find within a given memory, but when I press “Begin Search” the segments I get do not contain that string at all. I have tried typing the string between asterisks and inverted commas, but it does not work.

Am I forgetting to adjust something?
Collapse

Beatriz Garmendia
Beatriz Garmendia  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Use Change All Translation Units Oct 25, 2005

When you click Begin Search, it displays the translation units from the beginning of your TM even if the term you want to change is not there. (You can set the number of translation units you want to see). When it founds the term that needs to be changed, it will change it automatically.

What I do is to click in Change and select "Change All Translation Units" so it replaces what you have already defined it should be replaced, without displaying them.

I know we expect
... See more
When you click Begin Search, it displays the translation units from the beginning of your TM even if the term you want to change is not there. (You can set the number of translation units you want to see). When it founds the term that needs to be changed, it will change it automatically.

What I do is to click in Change and select "Change All Translation Units" so it replaces what you have already defined it should be replaced, without displaying them.

I know we expect this function to work as in Word. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Hope it helps,

Beatriz
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

maintenance function in Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »