Mobile menu

Are there any courses in Trados?
Thread poster: yolanda Speece
yolanda Speece  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2005

Where can one go to learn how to use TRADOS? Sometimes while reading the manual I find myself getting headaches!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-21 23:36]

Direct link Reply with quote

Pablo Roufogalis
Colombia
Local time: 19:51
English to Spanish
Training Oct 22, 2005

yolanda Speece wrote:

Where can one go to learn how to use TRADOS? Sometimes while reading the manual I find myself getting headaches!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-21 23:36]

Hello Yolanda.

Yes, Trados is often overwhelming as it presents lots of choices meant for database programmers and not for translators.

I strongly suggest you look for a fellow translator in your area that can guide you through it.

In most cases, though, if you are lost about what a screen asks from you, just accept what is already selected. And use the Help and the manuals. They are quite good but overwhelming for a plain translator (i.e. one with no minor in database programming).

You'll waste a lot of time but if you don't get outside help, it's you only choice, I guess.

Good luck.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:51
English to German
+ ...
Contact Trados Oct 23, 2005

Hi Yolanda,
Trados run courses, too - I'm not familiar with their offerings in the US, though.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there any courses in Trados?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs