https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/38307-how_to_get_the_target_wordcount_on_qscttx_files.html

How to get the Target wordcount on qsc.ttx files
Thread poster: Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 26, 2005

Hi,

I sent this question to Trados support but haven't received a reply yet...

I'm revising some qsc.ttx files (in SDL Lite) and need the total Target wordcount for invoicing.
As I understood, I should "Save Target As" (so that TagEditor recreates the qsc in the Target language), and run an analysis of this new qsc file (the TM is irrelevant as we need only the total Target wordcount).

My client insists that as the ttx file is bilingual, if they analy
... See more
Hi,

I sent this question to Trados support but haven't received a reply yet...

I'm revising some qsc.ttx files (in SDL Lite) and need the total Target wordcount for invoicing.
As I understood, I should "Save Target As" (so that TagEditor recreates the qsc in the Target language), and run an analysis of this new qsc file (the TM is irrelevant as we need only the total Target wordcount).

My client insists that as the ttx file is bilingual, if they analyse it they will get the Target wordcount, but I'm sure that Trados is still analysing the Source text so they are still getting the Source wordcount.

Can someone put this straight for me so I can clarify with my client?

Thanks a million!
Grace.
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 23:42
German
+ ...
Your client is wrong... Oct 26, 2005

...and you are right.

Trados only analyzes the source text, even in bilingual files. Definitely.

HTH,
Benjamin

P.S.: Why don't you just prove it experimentally? That's what I always do when I'm unsure about this sort of thing.

[Edited at 2005-10-26 10:19]

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 27, 2005

Thanks for confirming Benjamin,

Well I actually tried analysing all the possible combinations of files, and was sure of what I was saying, but my client (good and friendly client I must say) insisted...

Anyway, now I have all the answers together as I've just received an official reply from Trados support confirming my point.

Forwarded to client and everything's sorted now

All th
... See more
Thanks for confirming Benjamin,

Well I actually tried analysing all the possible combinations of files, and was sure of what I was saying, but my client (good and friendly client I must say) insisted...

Anyway, now I have all the answers together as I've just received an official reply from Trados support confirming my point.

Forwarded to client and everything's sorted now

All the best,
Grace.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get the Target wordcount on qsc.ttx files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »