Problem with TagEditor and Excel
Thread poster: Alison Schwitzgebel

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 09:00
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2005

I've just finished translating a huge Excel file with TagEditor, and now can't get to my translation.

The file has 60 worksheets, and when I either try to use preview target or save target as I get "Connection with server application error:
Document structure error:
cell: Veränderung Eigenkapital und Schulden from worksheet:5 does not exist in TRADOSTag document. Please check if the structure of the TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed.

OK"

I haven't changed the structure of any document. I have been able to save half of my work, but if I have to translate the rest manually again I'll be at it for weeks and I have to deliver ASAP!!!



I'm using TagEditor 6.5.2.417 with Excel 2000 under Windows XP Home.

I've tried looking in the trados support center but can't find anything. That being said I don't find the structure there very intuitive - or perhaps it's just coz I don't have to look there that often

Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Any help most greatly appreciated!

Best,

Alison


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did you close all programs Oct 28, 2005

I'm only guessing, since I have never translated excel-sheets directly. Maybe starting the computer would help?
Regards
Heinrich


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 09:00
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Retranslate the original file with the TM, you must have built translating Oct 29, 2005

Alison Riddell-Kachur wrote:
Document structure error:
cell: Veränderung Eigenkapital und Schulden from worksheet:5 does not exist in TRADOSTag document. Please check if the structure of the TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed.


Looks like the cell in Worksheet:5, named "Veränderung Eigenkapital und Schulden" does not exist or has changed, maybe it is a formula cell etc - believe me, I'm not trying to be sarcastic...

You could start fiddling around this element (in the worksheet 5 out of 60!!), but otoh, you should have the TM; right? So why not start with the original Excel file and do the ControlAlt* routine?
And - maybe - you cut up the file in several smaller pieces first, you can always join the translations back into one single file later.

regards

smo


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with TagEditor and Excel

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs