Thread poster: Alessio Nunziato

Alessio Nunziato
Local time: 22:07
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2005

i really need your help!

i was translating a MS Word file with trados 6.5, but suddenly it didn't work anymore. all the buttons of Trados on the Word toolbar don't work, so i cannot close the last segment i translated and i cannot go on with the translation.

what do you think has caused this problem? what should i do?

Thank you in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 22:07
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Try this! Nov 1, 2005

Try closing the segment without saving.

If this doesn't work, press ctrl+alt+delete and close your word window down.

Then restart Word and the document you were working on. Perhaps you will be set back a couple of sentences, but usually the TM has saved the translated segments, and this won't be a problem.

If the newly opened Word document tells you that a segment seems to be open, you should go to this segment and close it without saving.

This ought to do it for you.

Oh and, if this does not make your Trados buttons work, try rebooting your computer.

[Edited at 2005-11-01 20:00]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados 6.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs