Basic question about Trados' bilingual file
Thread poster: Daniel Babenco
Daniel Babenco  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:08
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2005

I have received a bilingual text from a freelancer that has been translated but I cannot seem to be able to get Word to show only the translated text (text in target language). It keeps on showing the bilingual version. I am doing something wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ulrich Roos
German
Click on the paragraph symbol Nov 9, 2005

In the menu bar click on the paragraph symbol which looks like a P facing the wrong side. It should toggle the hidden text to invisible and vice versa.

If this does not work check your settings. Open the menu Tools and select the command Options.... On the tab View make sure that in the section "Formatting marks" the option All is selected. Confirm with OK and click again on the paragraph symbol.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ulrich

Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:08
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
show/hide button Nov 9, 2005

Hi Daniel,

You may want to press the "show/hide" button on the Word toolbar. If this does not work, go to "Tools - Options -View" and uncheck "hidden text. "

Dan

Daniel Babenco wrote:

I have received a bilingual text from a freelancer that has been translated but I cannot seem to be able to get Word to show only the translated text (text in target language). It keeps on showing the bilingual version. I am doing something wrong?

Daniel Babenco  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help! Nov 9, 2005

uote]Ulrich Roos wrote:

In the menu bar click on the paragraph symbol which looks like a P facing the wrong side. It should toggle the hidden text to invisible and vice versa.

If this does not work check your settings. Open the menu Tools and select the command Options.... On the tab View make sure that in the section "Formatting marks" the option All is selected. Confirm with OK and click again on the paragraph symbol.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ulrich[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basic question about Trados' bilingual file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs