https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/39265-importing_xml_to_multiterm_7.html

Importing xml to MultiTerm 7
Thread poster: Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:00
English to Czech
+ ...
Nov 21, 2005

Hi everyone,
I´ve created an .xml file from a .xls glossary and now I´m trying to import it to my Termbase. Unfortunately, MultiTerm 7 always crashes due to Runtime error when about 95% of the import process is completed. Can anyone help?

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:00
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Check the index field names Nov 21, 2005

I think I had a similar problem. Maybe you should check that the names at the head of each column in the .xls file are exactly identical to the names of the 'index fields' in the termbase you are going to use. If not, I believe this may cause the program to crash. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing xml to MultiTerm 7

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »