Export frequent segments to WORD format
Thread poster: Karolina Ojrzynska-Stasiak

Karolina Ojrzynska-Stasiak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:19
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 1, 2005

Is that possible with Trados 6.5? I am trying to export frequent segments, but I end up with a format I have no idea how to process further ("notatka" in Polish, no idea what to call this format in English, it has an icon of a notesbook).

Help!

Karolina

Direct link Reply with quote

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:19
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes you can. Select fhe format Dec 1, 2005

After the file analysis, you can select the format. This option appears after selecting "EXPORT FREQUENT SEGMENTS - There is a drop down menu where you can select EXPORT to a text file, Word (*.rtf), and other formats.... You have to select WORD.

Taken from the Trados Help menu:

[quote:]
Translator's Workbench can export these segments in various formats, depending on how they are to be processed. The following formats are supported:

· Translator's Workbench native text format
hlp_TextFormatSpecification>(w95sec). Example
Example_of_Frequently_Used_Phrase_TU>(w95sec)

· Systran RTF - for machine translation with Systran®

· Logos SGM - for machine translation with Logos™.

· Translation Memory Exchange (TMX) Level 2 format.

· Word RTF - suitable for interactive, rather than machine, translation. Segments are exported as a Word document and all segment-internal formatting is supported.

Using Translator's Workbench, you can translate these segments and add them to your translation memory before actually starting to translate the analysed documents. This speeds up the translation process and ensures that frequent segments are translated in a consistent manner.

Taken From: Translator's Workbench Help, (c) 2004 TRADOS Incorporated.
[/quote]

Regards

Clarisa

[Edited at 2005-12-01 17:26]

Karolina Ojrzynska-Stasiak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:19
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 1, 2005

So simple... I think I need a break:) Thank you again, Clarisa

Karolina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export frequent segments to WORD format

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs