https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/39775-target_segment_language.html

Target segment language
Thread poster: Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:52
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2005

Trados 7, Windows XP, Word 2003.

Whenever I work in Word with Trados I have to change the target segment language for almost all the segments. I open segment and the language in target window is the same as source. It kind of takes a lot of time and I could spend it differently.
I know it must be quite easy to fix this, but I have no idea how. Could somebody point me to the right direction (using very simple instructions, pls).

Thanks in advance,
Burrell

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
when you close the segment it changes the language to t arget automatically Dec 2, 2005

just try it out.

Whilst you are typing it may be source, but when you close it changes to target - or at least mine does!

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Dec 2, 2005

I never though of it before.
However the problem is the spellcheck - you can only see the spelling mistakes once the segment is closed.

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
+ ...
Uncheck Identify languages automatically Dec 2, 2005

Hi Burrell,

I have word 2000, but try this, go to tools-languages-set languages (I think, I don't have the English version)and then uncheck the box
at the bottom that says "Identify languages automatically".
This must be a bug with Trados, but I find that then it DOES actually identify languages correctly.

HIH

Anette

Burrell wrote:

Trados 7, Windows XP, Word 2003.

Whenever I work in Word with Trados I have to change the target segment language for almost all the segments. I open segment and the language in target window is the same as source. It kind of takes a lot of time and I could spend it differently.
I know it must be quite easy to fix this, but I have no idea how. Could somebody point me to the right direction (using very simple instructions, pls).

Thanks in advance,
Burrell

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target segment language

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »