Mobile menu

Term Recognition Question
Thread poster: Rita Fejér
Rita Fejér
Local time: 09:23
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 9, 2005

I am using Trados 7 with MultiTerm on Windows XP. There is a strange phenomenon that I cannot understand, that happens using the term recognition window in the Workbench:
I have two termbases (which is a nice new feature) that I use: one is my own, the other one comes from the customer. Mine works OK, but the customer one does only show the source term (in the source language) but not the target term (in the target language). So I cannot use the feature of pasting the current term from the toolbar. Instead I have to click on the source term and this opens a new MultiTerm window, where i have to look it up and eventually write it into the text.
What is the difference to my own Termbase? Is there a switch or something else that allows/ prevents showing the target term in the customer's termbase?
Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term Recognition Question

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs