Thread poster: Karin Kutscher

Karin Kutscher  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:07
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2005

Hi all,

I really need to use Trados in a .ppt and T-Window for Powerpoint doesn't even open.

I couldn't find any PPT10.pcb or PPT.pcb files in my whole C: drive.

With regard to TagEditor, when I try to open my .ppt in TE I'm asked to define a DTD settings file. I don''t know how to do this. Please help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:07
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Upgrade to newer version of Trados and get the advantage of using TAG Editor in such cases Dec 21, 2005

TAG Editor 6 does not support direct opening of PPT files.

For your current problem maybe these articles from the Trados KB may help:

If the problem persists, try to reinstall Trados.

Regarding your pcb-files - are you sure you haven't excluded system and hidden files from the search? This is the default setting of Windows. To find them you will need to search for hidden/system files and display them (to do so, use the folder options from Control Panel or in Windows Explorer go to Tools, File options, View and deselect the box "Hide protected sytem files (recommended) and select "Show all files and folders".

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with PPTs using Trados 6.0 Freelance

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs