problems in buying Trados
Thread poster: stecc
stecc
Local time: 14:57
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 27, 2005

I'm trying to buy Trados 7 Freelance from www.sdl.com. After having answered to all their questions about quantities, credit card data and personal data and having submietted the order they say that a problem has occurred with the server. At this point I do not know what to do? Should I try again? Or perhaps my order has already been processed? The TBG Sale finishes tomorrow...
Has anyone recently bought Trados (for example following the TGB SALE just finished)? Can you give me some help?
thanks
stefania

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Buying from SDL or via TGB? Dec 27, 2005

Hi Stefania,
Are you trying to buy directly from TranslationZone or via TGB (can't find any active TGB sales, though...)?

Assuming you attempted to buy from SDL directly, I would suggest to contact them. What was the exact error message you received?

Best regards,
Ralf

stecc
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I followed the instructions on the reminder by Proz.com Dec 27, 2005

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Stefania,
Are you trying to buy directly from TranslationZone or via TGB (can't find any active TGB sales, though...)?
I'm not sure, I took part in the TGB for Trados Freelance and Platium membership and then I received some messages after the final date of the offer
The first part of the reminder I received from Proz.com says:

Step 1:
For your sale to be completed, it is important that you now complete payment to SDL/TRADOS. Use this URL to make payment online...

so I followed the link and I found myself in the sdl website.

Anyway I will contact them tomorrow because today they are closed (I contacted their office in Rome but they can't help me).

Assuming you attempted to buy from SDL directly, I would suggest to contact them. What was the exact error message you received?
It was simply: an error has occurred, an e-mail has been sent to our support and we will try to solve the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks
Stefania

[Edited at 2005-12-27 16:50]

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request to ProZ.com Dec 27, 2005

Hi again,
[quote]Are you trying to buy directly from TranslationZone or via TGB (can't find any active TGB sales, though...)?
I'm not sure, I took part in the TGB for Trados Freelance and Platium membership and then I received some messages after the final date of the offer

OK, so you did take part in a TGB sale. In that case, I suggest you submit a Support Request to ProZ.com.

As the URL you received only works for those who took part in the sale, I would appreciate if you could edit your post and remove it.

Finally, check the Forum FAQ on how to use the quote function.

Best regards,
Ralf

stecc
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Dec 27, 2005

I apologise for my errors and thank you for your kind suggestions.

Stefania

Germany
English to German
+ ...
No worries... Dec 27, 2005

...thanks for editing your post!

Best regards,
Ralf

sakura_jp  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:57
English to Japanese
email Dec 27, 2005

Has anyone recently bought Trados (for example following the TGB SALE just finished)?

Hi Stefania,

I did not found the place to download Trados 7 either and asked SDL. Technically, I replied to the email entitled "SDL Desktop Products Flexible Software Licenses for Order ######".

They gave me my ID and password to download Trados in three hours.

I am not sure if I really needed to email them, but anyway Trados is working on my pc now.

Best regards,
Shinobu

[Edited at 2005-12-27 17:55]

ecoelho
Local time: 13:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm having problems too Dec 27, 2005

I'm having problems with this too. I took place in the TGB sale, completed the payment as instructed and received an e-mail with a SDL Desktop Products Order Confirmation, including my Order Number. That mail stated I should receive information about licenses, but so far nothing has happened. I paid for the order on December 24th, when I view the status of my account in SDL it says Complete, but I have not received either an email with the licenses, nor have I been able to download the product. Yesterday I sent SDL an email and got no reply. So, at the moment, I have paid for the product, nothing has happened and I got no reply... I am really worried, as you may well imagine...

ecoelho
Local time: 13:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Update Jan 4, 2006

Update - on the 28th December I received the mails from Trados support to enable download and installation of the product. I have downloaded the files as instructed, installed the product and will now get familiar with it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems in buying Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs