Mobile menu

Add-in Menus in Word - Solution
Thread poster: annakuz
English to Swedish
Jan 5, 2006

Hi - thanks to bits an pieces from different people on different forums I have finally found a solution to the disappearing menus for add-in in Word. I went into the STARTUP folder, deleted, replaced my file in STARTUP with a fresh one from the install disk (or find it in the TRADOS folder: C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T65_FL\TT\Templates). Now I have my Trados menu and Flag man functional, though not the Adobe menues (which I really don't need). The thing that lit the candle in my head was a note somewhere about how Word stores info about the add-in menus in the (was that someone on this site - if so - thanks a bunch). At least now it should be possible to play around with different add-in menus to get Word to show what ever menus you need (Adobe Acrobat, Trados, RoboHelp etc.) - until MS decides to correct this problem or find an elegant solution!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-01-05 06:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add-in Menus in Word - Solution

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs