Mobile menu

Trados shows only one MT entry while open segment contains three!
Thread poster: HeisingEngGer
HeisingEngGer  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:43
English to German
+ ...
Jan 13, 2006

Hello everybody.

I am confused by Trados. In the tutorials the MultiTerm-Window works just fine. You open a segment in your source-text and the little right hand window of the Trados Workbench shows a couple of terms found in the Sample Termbase.

In my case this does not work at all. I created a termbase, filled it with a few words (OK = Ok, Cancel = Abbrechen, Next = Weiter and so on) and then tested how Trados would react when opening a segment that contained all of these. It shows a red line above the terms and one entry on the right, but that´s it.

Where can one enable it to be just like the tutorial, showing all termbase entries right away?

I really appreciate any help on this subject. Have a nice weekend everybody!

Christian

btw: I´m using Trados 6.5 Freelance and MultiTerm IX

[Edited at 2006-01-13 18:07]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
One at a time Jan 13, 2006

Hi Christian,
What you describe is normal behaviour.
I am confused by Trados. In the tutorials the MultiTerm-Window works just fine. You open a segment in your source-text and the little right hand window of the Trados Workbench shows a couple of terms found in the Sample Termbase.

Presumably, these refer to the same concept (i.e. one red line)?

In my case this does not work at all. I created a termbase, filled it with a few words (OK = Ok, Cancel = Abbrechen, Next = Weiter and so on) and then tested how Trados would react when opening a segment that contained all of these. It shows a red line above the terms and one entry on the right, but that´s it.

That's as designed - the term recognition pane in the Workbench window only shows the current term, although it's possible to have several entries shown there (where several terms exist, for example - let's say your termbase entry for "OK" has two target terms, e.g. "OK" and "Bestätigen").

To insert (and display) the next term, use the corresponding command or shortcut (e.g. Alt+RightArrow).

HTH, Ralf

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Annoying MultiTerm Pop-up problem Jan 13, 2006

I see it is standard. I thought the tutorial showed more than one entry but it just showed a term and its abbreviation + translation of both. My fault. :->

Now that I know I will have to work like this I would like to prevent the MultiTerm window from popping up every time I click on the red line above the known terms. Is it possible to disable this function?

Thanks for the quick help.

Regards,
Christian

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Are you sure this is MT? Jan 13, 2006

Hi again,
Now that I know I will have to work like this I would like to prevent the MultiTerm window from popping up every time I click on the red line above the known terms. Is it possible to disable this function?

Are you sure the MultiTerm window pops up? (Note that MultiTerm does not need to be running for term recognition in Workbench, as Workbench connects to the termbase in the background.) Could it be the Concordance window?

Best, Ralf

Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 13, 2006

Yes. The Title bar says "TRADOS MultiTerm".

It is just a screen that contains my few test terms and does not look like the main screen of MultiTerm, with the menus and stuff... but still it´s a "needless" popup (that doesnt even "respect" my MS Word window)

Regards,
Christian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados shows only one MT entry while open segment contains three!

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs