trados 6.5 error 50104 when cleaning document
Thread poster: Mary Murata

Mary Murata  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
Japanese to English
Jan 16, 2006

My copy of Trados 6.5 has recently started to throw up an error message when I try to clean up a document, number 50104 and it says that the file cammot be found or the name has been changed, even tho I had the file open just seconds ago.
I have reinstalled it but that made no difference. I looked on trados support for anything about this error and there was nothing.
What can I do??
The last job I did I had to clean it manually - deleting the source text line by line!

NOTE;I just read some old posts and I have found out about the macros>twinclean option - hooray.
Panic over.

[Edited at 2006-01-16 15:47]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:51
English to German
+ ...
Log file Jan 16, 2006

Hi Mary,
Looks like you changed or deleted the log file without adjusting the entry in the cleanup dialogue.

My copy of Trados 6.5 has recently started to throw up an error message when I try to clean up a document, number 50104 and it says that the file cammot be found or the name has been changed, even tho I had the file open just seconds ago.
I have reinstalled it but that made no difference. I looked on trados support for anything about this error and there was nothing.

If you enter the error number in the Trados Knowledge Base, you will find KB Article 686, which explains the error and the remedies.

Note that you could have also found a related topic by using the ProZ.com forum search for "error 50104".

The last job I did I had to clean it manually - deleting the source text line by line!

Not necessary either - there's a macro for that. Search the forum for "Tw4WinClean.Main".

HTH, Ralf

Mary Murata  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Ralph Jan 16, 2006

Thanks a lot. I should have checked previous posts as I have just found out about the twinclean macro. I was jus tin a panic!
I will check out the other things you mention too.
Many thanks for your very speedy help

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Actually not a solution to the error you get Jan 16, 2006

because this is probably caused by a document, not by Trados itself.

But why don´t you use the very easy clean-up feature in Word? You do not need to remove anything manually.
Press ALT+F8 to get to the Macro window. Put a "t" in the filed Macro Name. Then you get all macros listed, which starting letter is "t". Then chose "tw4winClean.Main" and let it run. Your document will be cleaned and you are ready.

When using this macro, please bear in mind

• Your translation memory is NOT updated. So if you wish t make changes in your segments, do that as would you translate them - open and close them in Word. In this way your TM will be updated.
  • If your Trados is older than Trados 7, you will need to run this macro for every single header and footer and text box in your document, as this macro does not access them automatically.

HTH
Jerzy

Henry Schroeder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:51
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Thank you!!! Feb 4, 2006

I just had the same problem and found this entry via google. Many thanks. The link to the trados website resolved the problem instantly.

Henry

Kate Major  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
Thanks! May 20, 2010

Only just found this macro: been using Trados for years now, but since I work mainly in humanities and so my texts don't often give me problems, I'm hardly an expert, so this was a godsend today when I was having this issue. This macro is great. Instant solution if you're pushed for time.
Thanks so much everyone!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados 6.5 error 50104 when cleaning document

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs