Thread poster: Bodil Little
Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 19:14
English to Danish
+ ...
Jan 17, 2006

Hi, I can tell from all the questions, that I am not the only one with problems installing Trados 6.5.5 on a new computer, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem from reading through the answers. OS: XP; have hardware dongle, that I have installed. Have reinstalled the program from scratch and have taken a copy of my license file (license.lic) and placed in the the Trados folder, just like my old machine. However, it will only work in demo-mode. Any suggestion? T... See more
Hi, I can tell from all the questions, that I am not the only one with problems installing Trados 6.5.5 on a new computer, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem from reading through the answers. OS: XP; have hardware dongle, that I have installed. Have reinstalled the program from scratch and have taken a copy of my license file (license.lic) and placed in the the Trados folder, just like my old machine. However, it will only work in demo-mode. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance. BodilCollapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
If you have a license file, what for do you use the dongle? Jan 17, 2006

It seems your dongle is not recognised.
As you tell, that you have a license file copied to a known destination on your PC, why don´t you simply tell Trados, were it is?

Go to Help, chose About and press "License Manager".
Then chose "Change the license location" and press "Go". Point Trados to the location of your license file et voilá

HTH
Jerzy

[Edited at 2006-01-17 10:22]

Bodil Little
Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! :-) Jan 17, 2006

Hi Jerzy,

You are wonderful. I guess it was as simple as that! Thanks a bunch.

Bodil

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

It seems your dongle is not recognised.
As you tell, that you have a license file copied to a known destination on your PC, why don´t you simply tell Trados, were it is?

Go to Help, chose About and press "License Manager".
Then chose "Change the license location" and press "Go". Point Trados to the location of your license file et voilá

HTH
Jerzy

[Edited at 2006-01-17 10:22]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstallation of Trados 6.5.5 (Build 439): Demo-mode

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »