Thread poster: Silvy Codde

Silvy Codde  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:55
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 17, 2006

Dear all,

I have read something on this subject in this forum before, but I cannot seem to find the post.

I have translated documents with a large TM and about half of the segments 100% matches. Now I want to proofread, but only my own translations of course (furthermore, I was told not to touch the 100% matches). Is there any easy and quick way of doing this? (I don't have the time to browse all the segments)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Direct link Reply with quote

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Analyse the transalation against the original TM Jan 17, 2006

and use "Export Unknown Segments" (99% or lower match value) as rtf.

Then run fuzzy automatic translation on the the resulting rtf using the updated TM.

This procedure should give you a rtf in which the original 100% matches are not icnluded.

Vito Smolej
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
...and don't forget, when you're finished Jan 17, 2006

... to run the original file through the updated TM to get the 100% fúzzies back into the picture.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
I even translate the export first Jan 17, 2006

You can still do as Antonin told, take the original tm and the untranslated files and analyse an export the unknown segments.
I usually translate this export, proofread, ran through the whole thing before I go to the original files, which I translate with the fuzzy-funktion. This is faster, as I have never to look at the segments which don't need to be translated and for which I'm not paid.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading: only segments I have translated

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs