Problems with Re-installation, please help!
Thread poster: MMUlr
MMUlr
MMUlr  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:17
English to German
+ ...
Jan 21, 2006

Good morning!

I have a problem with my Trados. I bought it, a year ago at proz and downloaded it. A few days ago I had to reformat my hdd and now i can't install Trados anymore.
The program is asking for a licence file (*.lic), but there is no such file in the Trados folder I downloaded a year ago.
I only got an ID and a password.
Is anybody familiar with this problem??

Thanks a lot

Mark + Margret

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
License file is not part of the installation file Jan 21, 2006

Hi Mark and Margret,
You can install Trados, but without the license file, the software will only run in demo mode.

What you should have done before reformatting your PC is to return the license at the Customer Center (when you purchased the software, you received a password to access it). Unless you had to download it again for some reason, you should be able to generate a second license file.

HTH, Ralf

Jan Kolbaba
Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
find your *.lic file! Jan 21, 2006

Dear Mark & Margret,
If you reformated your HDD and you had not backed your "lic" file up I think it was deleted with all your data. The only thing you can do now is to go through your backup CDs and find your licence file or visit https://trados.subscribenet.com, enter your ID and password and try to generate a new file, otherwise you may contact
... See more
Dear Mark & Margret,
If you reformated your HDD and you had not backed your "lic" file up I think it was deleted with all your data. The only thing you can do now is to go through your backup CDs and find your licence file or visit https://trados.subscribenet.com, enter your ID and password and try to generate a new file, otherwise you may contact Customer Center Support - [email protected].
Good luck!
Jan
Collapse

MMUlr
MMUlr  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 21, 2006

Great! It worked! Thank you very much for your help.

Dear Mark & Margret,
If you reformated your HDD and you had not backed your "lic" file up I think it was deleted with all your data. The only thing you can do now is to go through your backup CDs and find your licence file or visit https://trados.subscribenet.com, enter your ID and password and try to generate a new file, otherwise
... See more
Great! It worked! Thank you very much for your help.

Dear Mark & Margret,
If you reformated your HDD and you had not backed your "lic" file up I think it was deleted with all your data. The only thing you can do now is to go through your backup CDs and find your licence file or visit https://trados.subscribenet.com, enter your ID and password and try to generate a new file, otherwise you may contact Customer Center Support - [email protected].
Good luck!
Jan[/quote]
Collapse

Jan Kolbaba
Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
PERFECT!! Jan 21, 2006

You are welcome, I am happy it helped!
Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Re-installation, please help!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »