cannot edit/ translate MS grey field codes
Thread poster: Orla Ryan

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 05:02
Jan 24, 2006

Trados 6.5, MS Word 2003, Win XP.

----------------------------------
I cannot open a translation segment in a grey-marked field code. (this pertains to a table of contents)

I've looked in past posts which recommend viewing the doc in Normal view and deselecting the field code box through Tools-Option-View, to no avail.

Granted, when I proceed with the translation and update the text later by pressing F9, the linked grey fields further up the text are updated. Is that the only workaround?

Is there something through the Insert-Field option that might solve it? Or a Word/Trados setting that I may have overlooked?

TIA

Orla

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:02
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You do not translate the TOC Jan 24, 2006

Just translate the normal text including foot-notes, textboxes etc. When finnished you can update the TOC and the index seperately. Often the customers want to update them themself.
Regards
Heinrich

Jalapeno
Local time: 06:02
English to German
Knowledge Base... Jan 24, 2006

Maybe this article from the Trados Knowledge Base will help:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=840

Enjoy!

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 05:02
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 24, 2006

Vielen Dank!

Orla

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cannot edit/ translate MS grey field codes

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs