I need help shrinking a segment
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:21
Partial member
+ ...
Jan 27, 2006

I have one sentence: 'Fudge (Creates 1 lb. of Chocolaty Delight!)'

I want 'fudge' to be one segmentand '(Creates 1 lb. of Chocolaty Delight!)' another one. The WB will consider the whole sentence as one segment and when I shrink the segment, it looks 'Fudge '(Creates 1 lb.' but it won't go any shorter.

Is there a way I can set the delimitation myself without having to change the setup of the whole document. Or is there an easy way to do it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alison Schwitzgebel
Local time: 07:21
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Manually insert a full stop after Fudge Jan 28, 2006

If you manually insert a full stop after Fudge so that your sentence reads

"Fudge. (creates 1lb. of delight)" (or whatever your original sentence was), shorten the segment, and then delete the full stop after fudge.

I think it ought to work.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help shrinking a segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs