Mobile menu

OLE-COM error shown during Clean-up
Thread poster: roak
roak
United States
German to English
Jan 28, 2006

I have the TRADOS 7 and the the WORD document which I tried to clean up was done in WORD 2000. The document opened normally on another system where I have the OEM version of WORD XP. However I could not clean this file up there. There was an error during conversion of the DOC file into RTF. I looked into the troubleshooting which said that one needs WORD 2000 or higher to get rid of this problem. If the original file was created in WORD 2000, why should there be such a problem at all. Moreover the funniest part is that the file name also was changed in the process and the name the file was given began with a DOLLAR sign followed by some alphabets.
Can one help resolve this problem??
Thanks a ton in advance for some quick assistance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:36
English to German
+ ...
Can you save the file as RTF? Jan 28, 2006

Hi Ravindra,
There was an error during conversion of the DOC file into RTF.

Can you save the file as RTF in Word? If not, you know the source of your problem. Word is not always able to save .doc files as .rtf; this may be due to various causes. Does your document have lots of graphics, for example?

Moreover the funniest part is that the file name also was changed in the process and the name the file was given began with a DOLLAR sign followed by some alphabets.

Nothing funny at all; during cleanup, Trados converts the uncleaned .doc file into a temporary RTF file.

Two workarounds:
- As you have T7, you could try re-running the translation in TagEditor, and then to Save as target.
- You can use the TW4WinClean.Main macro to force a manual cleanup (note that any manual changes you may have made during editing/proofing without opening the respective TU will not be updated).

HTH, Ralf

Alekber Yumer
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:36
Member (2005)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Clean up it with Wordfast Jan 28, 2006

I have same problem some time. Open documetn with Wordfast and clean up it. Everything will be OK.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OLE-COM error shown during Clean-up

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs