TagEditor Error message - Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings...
Thread poster: Sylvia Ahlbrandt
Sylvia Ahlbrandt  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:02
English to German
+ ...
Jan 28, 2006

Hi,
I've seen this exact same error message posted, and someone responded, but I couldn't find the solution anywhere.
I use Trados version 6.5
When I try opening a file (due for Monday, of course) in TagEditor, I get the following error message:
"Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format"
"No matching filter definition found"
Can anyone help? Thanks so much, Sylvia

Direct link Reply with quote

hschl  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:02
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
did you get any replies on this one? May 16, 2006

Sylvia,

I have the same message popping up right now. Did you get any reply on the query or found another way to get filters set?

thanks for any info

henrik schlieker
Toronto

Sylvia Ahlbrandt  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:02
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using Trados 7 now May 16, 2006

Henrik,
This is embarassing, but try as I might, I don't remember what ultimately happened. I know I must have solved the problem somehow.
But in the meantime, I've switched to Trados 7, and that particular problem never occurred. Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Sylvia

peter zalupsky  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 15:02
English to Slovak
+ ...
My Trados 7 does it too. If anythin else fails, I "ll try to reinstall. Jul 20, 2007

Sylvia Ahlbrandt wrote:

Henrik,
This is embarassing, but try as I might, I don't remember what ultimately happened. I know I must have solved the problem somehow.
But in the meantime, I've switched to Trados 7, and that particular problem never occurred. Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Sylvia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Error message - Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings...

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs