Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 08:02
English to German
+ ...
Jan 31, 2006

Good Morning!

I'd like to translate a PowerPoint presentation with TagEditor (version 6.5), but when I open the file I only get the headlines and a few sentences.
Is there a way to change the settings in order to be able to edit the whole of the text?

Also, as a consequence of this problem, I have tried to translate the file with T-Windows, but there the font in the translated segment is not automatically the same as in the source text, so I have to change it manu
... See more
Good Morning!

I'd like to translate a PowerPoint presentation with TagEditor (version 6.5), but when I open the file I only get the headlines and a few sentences.
Is there a way to change the settings in order to be able to edit the whole of the text?

Also, as a consequence of this problem, I have tried to translate the file with T-Windows, but there the font in the translated segment is not automatically the same as in the source text, so I have to change it manually for every segment, which, of course, complicates the task.
So far I have always used TagEditor without encountering any problems, so I'm not much familiar with T-Windows...

Maybe someone can help me with one of these two problems?
Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Can you edit the text not shown? Jan 31, 2006

Hi Cécile,
Have you checked whether the text you're missing is, in fact, editable in PowerPoint? Very often, PPT files contain embedded objects - if you cannot edit them in PPT, TagEditor will also be unable to access them.

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2006-01-31 08:53]

Cécile Kellermayr
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, this works - Jan 31, 2006

however, I have to click twice to edit these parts. Maybe I should also mention that these parts mostly consist of tables.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
If it is embedded Excel Jan 31, 2006

then the only CAT tool I know of that is able to work on it (to include such tables in the "automatic" translation) is Transit.

Antonin

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
...embedded Excel files? Jan 31, 2006

Cécile Kellermayr wrote:

however, I have to click twice to edit these parts. Maybe I should also mention that these parts mostly consist of tables.

Sounds like embedded Excel (or Word) tables. I would suggest to try and obtain the underlying files - as a (possibly somewhat cumbersome) workaround, you could use T-Window for Clipboard.

The problem is that these embedded objects are not part of the Powerpoint file - hence, TagEditor will not identify them as translatable text (pretty much along the lines of objects embedded in Word).

Best regards,
Ralf

Cécile Kellermayr
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, I see... Jan 31, 2006

Thank you very much for your help, Ralf!...and Antonín, of course.

[Edited at 2006-01-31 09:39]

[Edited at 2006-01-31 09:39]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor only displays headlines of PowerPoint file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »