https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/42037-error_when_importing_isc_files_back_into_indesign_cs.html

Error when importing isc-files back into InDesign CS
Thread poster: Ulla Breum
Ulla Breum
Ulla Breum
Local time: 03:20
English
Jan 31, 2006

Dear all
All of a sudden (started yesterday) we get the following error message, when importing Isc-files back into InDesign:

"Importing MA0206_E_ITALY_Lise.indd...
Error: The following Windows error occured during
the function "File::Open()" :

Filen eksisterer. [this means in Danish File exists]

1 story has been imported."

We use InDesign CS and Trados 7 installed on a Windows Xp Professional PC.

And then the im
... See more
Dear all
All of a sudden (started yesterday) we get the following error message, when importing Isc-files back into InDesign:

"Importing MA0206_E_ITALY_Lise.indd...
Error: The following Windows error occured during
the function "File::Open()" :

Filen eksisterer. [this means in Danish File exists]

1 story has been imported."

We use InDesign CS and Trados 7 installed on a Windows Xp Professional PC.

And then the importprocess stops. Have anybody seen this error before? And does anybody know what to do about it?

We would be very greatfull for som feedback.

Best regards
Ulla Breum, Interpen Translation A/S, Denmark
Collapse

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Local time: 04:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Reduce the amount of software you use and get new windows. Feb 1, 2006

I have been witnessing errors in my computer for more than five years and I came to the conclusion that the only way to stop errors is to keep your important files on external CD and to periodically make maintenance for your PC. Do not install a bunch and tones of software just use the tiny important ones. I have two PCs. One is connected to the internet and another one that is used by me personally. Try to reinstall Trados after computer maintenance. Lots of times I faced troubles but take care... See more
I have been witnessing errors in my computer for more than five years and I came to the conclusion that the only way to stop errors is to keep your important files on external CD and to periodically make maintenance for your PC. Do not install a bunch and tones of software just use the tiny important ones. I have two PCs. One is connected to the internet and another one that is used by me personally. Try to reinstall Trados after computer maintenance. Lots of times I faced troubles but take care of your PC and keep it just for your professional specific work.
Feel free to contact me. Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when importing isc-files back into InDesign CS

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »