Mobile menu

Starting problems
Thread poster: Annika Strøhm

Annika Strøhm
Local time: 03:38
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 2, 2006

I bought the Trados Freelance 6.5 some time ago but has no luck in using it yet. I have installed as I should, but it seems to me to be a Demo version.
In the tutorial guide it says to use the MultiTermiX as multiterm version, while in my WB there is only the MultiTerm 5(Trados 5). Does it matter? I do not understand how to proceed.
Where do I find the license key?
Thank you for any useful information.
Annika

Direct link Reply with quote

Ingo Dierkschnieder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:38
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
License key and MultiTerm Feb 2, 2006

Annika Strøhm wrote:

I bought the Trados Freelance 6.5 some time ago but has no luck in using it yet. I have installed as I should, but it seems to me to be a Demo version.
In the tutorial guide it says to use the MultiTermiX as multiterm version, while in my WB there is only the MultiTerm 5(Trados 5). Does it matter? I do not understand how to proceed.
Where do I find the license key?
Thank you for any useful information.
Annika

The license key should have been delivered with Trados, it's a software dongle that is inserted into a USB port. Once you've inserted the dongle into one of your computer's USB ports, Trados should lose its demo version character.

As for MultiTerm IX, please make sure that you not only install Trados 6.5, but also the MultiTerm (separate CD-ROM, also part of the Trados package). Once you've installed it, MultiTerm IX should be available.

Good luck

Ingo

Rebecca Barath  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:38
Member (2005)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Had similar problems... Feb 2, 2006

I installed my 7.1 after downloading it from the website (I do not have the software cd's), however I did not download the license, so, it ran in demo mode. As soon as I downloaded the license I was able to register and it has performed without problems since.:)

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
License key vs. dongle Feb 2, 2006

To use Trados, you need either a license key (softkey) or dongle. License key is a small file that you have to download from the web to your hard disk and then tell Trados where to find it (specify the folder with the downloaded file). Dongle is a small physical device that has to be plugged into USB port.

The latest version of Trados is not available with dongle anymore, but I think Trados 6.5 was available with either dongle or license file, so it depends on what version you have.

More info: http://www.translationzone.com/sublink.asp?ID=774

Rebecca Barath  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:38
Member (2005)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Is that why.... Feb 2, 2006

When I intstalled Trados on new computer it kept on asking me for permission to log on to the net?? (McAfee's firewall)

Annika Strøhm
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 3, 2006

Thank you all for very useful information. I will now see how to make it work.
Annika

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Firewall Feb 3, 2006

Rebecca Barath wrote:

When I intstalled Trados on new computer it kept on asking me for permission to log on to the net?? (McAfee's firewall)

I don't know why this happened and I don't think it has anything to do with the license file, because Trados never tries to download the file itself. Maybe you were trying to connect to a TM (Translation Memory) Server?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting problems

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs