Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:59
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Feb 2, 2006

It's a long list of RTF files, produced from interleaf source: tags upon tags upon tags... I used tag editor to translate and the agency is now in a bind because they do not know if the client will be able to handle the bilingual RTF output of the version 7.0: for one input RTF you get i) the same input RTF back plus ii) the ttx.

Doing the same thing again in word is useless: there's so many tags I would for sure screw up sooner or later.

Questions:
i) any experience with how interleaf handles TRADOS 7. bilingual input?

ii) Does it make sense to go back to 6.5 version and hopefully use the same TM to do bilingual RTFs "the old-fashioned way"? Is it possible to filter the biliingual output of 7 version down to 6.5 version files?

iii) what else can I do?

Thank you for your help

Vito

Direct link Reply with quote

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
A possible workaround Feb 2, 2006

is to clean the ttx files, then export the TM as txt (version 2x-6x).
The client should create his own ttxs from the originals and "run" it with the 100% TUs from the imported TM

Or?

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
No probs AFAIK Feb 2, 2006

I have several times provided ttx files translated by TegEditor 7.0 to a customer who has Trados 6.5 and they have never complained. I attached the txt (for versions 2-6) export of the memory to play it safer - so, in theory, they may have used the memory to resolve any problems, but I am pretty sure that this particular customer would have complained if the ttx files hadn't worked for them.

Antonin

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is much simpler... Feb 2, 2006

I used word and 7.0 TM on original RETF files, and bingo, I do have bilingual RTF files, in spite of all those horrible tags ...

I just do not know where the ttx came from when I did the auto-translate, but very probably it must be me, just me.

Sigh ... that was close...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have 7.0 and the customer needs 6.5 bilingual file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs