Mobile menu

Multiterm support: adding entries
Thread poster: Tatty
Tatty  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2006

I have reinstalled Multiterm on my new computer I already had it running on my old one but for some reason it didn't automatically propose translations from the memory. So I guess I installed in wrongly. So this time I need to get it right!

Termbase - Create termbase - I've selected a folder - the wizard appears - I've chosen predefined termbase template then mulitlingual glossary - added my languages - ignored field label - again ignored field label and delete any camps I didn't want and left all properties in text - next is the entry structure, I believe this is also predetermined so have made no changes and left field settings (multiple and mandatory) which are in grey anyway - finish.

My problem is adding new entries: if I then choose add from the entry menu I have the option of plugging in the term and its translations, its on entry level and I have no way of filling in all the other information definition, source etc. If I open a word document and use the Quick Entry to Termbase, I can add 1 item of extra information I can choose between source and note and that's it. I don't know what happened to the whole structure I defined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Feb 2, 2006

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Click on the opposite mouse button Feb 3, 2006

Hi Tatty,

You get a menu if you click on the opposite mouse button from usual. For example, if you position the cursor near "Entry level" and click the opposite mouse button, you will get a list of all the things you could add in this section (which were in the list that you made when creating the termbase).

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for (?)

Astrid

Tatty  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it! Feb 4, 2006

Thanks a lot, you've been a real help. I guess not all the same options are open to me with the quick entry option via word.

Once again, many thanks

Have a nice weekend.

Tatty

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm support: adding entries

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs