Problem with Trados (Excel files -converting of tageditor files)
Thread poster: Eloïse Notet-Gilet
Eloïse Notet-Gilet
Eloïse Notet-Gilet
France
Local time: 16:50
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
Feb 4, 2006

Hi everybody,

I habe a big problem with some files I received in Excel fomat, that I translated with tag editor. My client did not expect the files in tag-editor, and doesn't know how to convert them in order to obtain the orginal Excel file.

Do you have an idea of how doing this?

(for info: we tried to use the TM and the T-Window for Excel Project Wizard » and « T-Window for Excel to create the file but it doesn't work!)

Thanks in advance fo
... See more
Hi everybody,

I habe a big problem with some files I received in Excel fomat, that I translated with tag editor. My client did not expect the files in tag-editor, and doesn't know how to convert them in order to obtain the orginal Excel file.

Do you have an idea of how doing this?

(for info: we tried to use the TM and the T-Window for Excel Project Wizard » and « T-Window for Excel to create the file but it doesn't work!)

Thanks in advance for you replies!!
Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
If I understand you correctly... Feb 4, 2006

If I understand you correctly, you have translated an xls file in TagEditor and have a ttx file, but don't know how to create the translated xls?

If so, in TagEditor choose Save target as the File menu.
Or simply clean the ttx document.

Jørgen

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Converting Feb 4, 2006

Hi,

If I understand your problem, you received xls files and translated them using TagEditor, and now you need to convert them back into xls files?
If that is the case, then simply open the bilingual ttx file with TagEditor, and in the File menu, click "Save target as". TagEditor will then convert the file back (it may take a few seconds).

I don't understand why you are mentioning T-Window. And it could be useful to know with which version of Trados you're working
... See more
Hi,

If I understand your problem, you received xls files and translated them using TagEditor, and now you need to convert them back into xls files?
If that is the case, then simply open the bilingual ttx file with TagEditor, and in the File menu, click "Save target as". TagEditor will then convert the file back (it may take a few seconds).

I don't understand why you are mentioning T-Window. And it could be useful to know with which version of Trados you're working.

HTH,
Sylvain
Collapse

Eloïse Notet-Gilet
Eloïse Notet-Gilet
France
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Feb 4, 2006

Bonjour SYlvain, je repasse en français!!

Je vous ai donné les explications de ma cliente.. qui n'en savait pas plus que moi. Nous avon été aidées et il suffisait de cleaner le fichier pour obtenir un fichier Excel.

Le problème est donc réglé. Pour ce qui est du T-Window, je l'ai mentionné car ma cliente m'a expliqué comment traduire un fichier Excel sans tag Editor (si j'ia bien compris, mais je ne connaissais pas la procédure!!).

Avec Tr
... See more
Bonjour SYlvain, je repasse en français!!

Je vous ai donné les explications de ma cliente.. qui n'en savait pas plus que moi. Nous avon été aidées et il suffisait de cleaner le fichier pour obtenir un fichier Excel.

Le problème est donc réglé. Pour ce qui est du T-Window, je l'ai mentionné car ma cliente m'a expliqué comment traduire un fichier Excel sans tag Editor (si j'ia bien compris, mais je ne connaissais pas la procédure!!).

Avec Trados 7.0, il suffit de cleaner pour obtenir finalement le fichier Excel traduit, au bon format!

Je vous remercie de votre aide!

Bon courage si vous travaillez!
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Clarifications Feb 4, 2006

En effet, l'option Clean est une alternative (personnellement, je préfère utiliser l'option "Enregistrer Cible sous", mais le résultat est le même).

Depuis la version 6.5 de Trados, Tag Editor prend en charge le format Excel et T-Window est donc devenu obsolète (il était de plus terriblement pénible à utiliser, tandis que TagEditor est vraiment pratique).

Bon week-end,
Sylvain

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Feb 4, 2006

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Trados (Excel files -converting of tageditor files)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »