Cannot open file for translation/analyse
Thread poster: NataliaUK
NataliaUK
NataliaUK
English to Russian
Feb 9, 2006

When I try to Analyse or Translate any file (SDL Trados 7) I have the message on the bottom of the window:
(50140) Folder does not exist, was moved or renamed.

I restarted the computer, moved and saved the files under different names, the result is the same. Whatever file I open – sill got this message, and cannot go any further.

What should I do?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:00
English to German
+ ...
Check your log file Feb 9, 2006

Hi Natalia,
This issue has been discussed a few times (for example, in this topic found using the forum search function): the log file specified in your dialogue no longer exists.

There is also a Trados KB, which you can find by searching for "folder was moved
... See more
Hi Natalia,
This issue has been discussed a few times (for example, in this topic found using the forum search function): the log file specified in your dialogue no longer exists.

There is also a Trados KB, which you can find by searching for "folder was moved or renamed".

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open file for translation/analyse

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »