mireille aboumrad
mireille aboumrad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:35
French to English
+ ...
Feb 9, 2006

Hello,

I am having trouble with workbench. I use Trados 7.0 and Windows XP.
Recently, when I open a translation, I get this message: (2) cannot find the file specified.
I have been ignoring it, but what happens is when I open a new segment, trados will give me the previous target language segment as 100 % match. So I am getting the target language in my source language.
I tried creating new TMs but the same problem is occuring.
Should I uninstall and then rei
... See more
Hello,

I am having trouble with workbench. I use Trados 7.0 and Windows XP.
Recently, when I open a translation, I get this message: (2) cannot find the file specified.
I have been ignoring it, but what happens is when I open a new segment, trados will give me the previous target language segment as 100 % match. So I am getting the target language in my source language.
I tried creating new TMs but the same problem is occuring.
Should I uninstall and then reinstall Trados.
I don't know what else to do, it is very frustrating, especially with tight deadlines.
Thank you,
Mireille
Collapse

Daniel Xie
Daniel Xie  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 11:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
Can I help you process the TM online? Feb 9, 2006

I am from China, So I need to know what's the matter with your software. If you would like, maybe I can help you make it.
My email: [email protected]

mireille aboumrad
United States
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workbench still not working Feb 11, 2006

Hello,

Thank you Daniel for all your help and patience.
My problem is: it is not working.
I uninstalled and reinstalled, and uninstalled again and reinstalled SDL Trados. Still the same problem.
Also when I try to use TagEditor, halfway through, it gives me the same problem, what is strange is, it tells me it cannoet find the file specified and it points to a TM that a client sent me once. I removed this TM long ago from my system, but still the same problem.
... See more
Hello,

Thank you Daniel for all your help and patience.
My problem is: it is not working.
I uninstalled and reinstalled, and uninstalled again and reinstalled SDL Trados. Still the same problem.
Also when I try to use TagEditor, halfway through, it gives me the same problem, what is strange is, it tells me it cannoet find the file specified and it points to a TM that a client sent me once. I removed this TM long ago from my system, but still the same problem.
Help
Mireille
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:35
English to German
+ ...
Reference TM? Feb 11, 2006

Hi Mireille,
Can you please indicate which software version you are using (full version number including the 'build number', please - go to Help - About... to find out)?

Do you still have that TM defined as your reference TM in the Concordance settings?

Best regards,
Ralf

mireille aboumrad
United States
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Ralph: it is SDL TRADOS translator's Workbench 7.1.0.719 (Build 719) Feb 11, 2006

I deleted the TM from the client.

Mireille

Imad Almaghary (X)
Imad Almaghary (X)
Local time: 06:35
English to Arabic
+ ...
This matter is related to system files Feb 13, 2006

Good morning mahoumra

Based on what has been mentioned in you question if I got your point exactly, there is damage in your system files. When you reinstall Trados then the damage will not be repaired because installation process is linked with system files of Windows and Office. What I do when face similar problems is that I format my PC with Disk Manager taking into account that saving important files on external CDs is a must for potential PC failure. If you ask a friend to tran
... See more
Good morning mahoumra

Based on what has been mentioned in you question if I got your point exactly, there is damage in your system files. When you reinstall Trados then the damage will not be repaired because installation process is linked with system files of Windows and Office. What I do when face similar problems is that I format my PC with Disk Manager taking into account that saving important files on external CDs is a must for potential PC failure. If you ask a friend to translate the same text then it will work properly without previous WB confirmation for the first source sentence you have already translated. Saving a copy of your important files on flash or CD is like being in a stronghold because computer can not be guaranteed for continuous proper function.

Best Regards
Mr. Imad
Collapse

mireille aboumrad
United States
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Imad, I am going to take your advice and try that. I will let you know how it goes. Feb 13, 2006

I hope it works.
Mireille

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench still not working

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »