T-Window for Powerpoint - unavailable fonts
Thread poster: Beatriz Cirera

Beatriz Cirera  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:21
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
Feb 9, 2006

Hi,
I need to translate a PPS file using Trados, but I can't open the segments using T-windows for powerpoint. It tells me the file is using unavailable fonts.
Any ideas?
Thank!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-02-09 17:04]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:21
English to German
+ ...
Forum search Feb 9, 2006

Hi Beatriz,

This issue is one of the reasons why using TagEditor is recommended... which Trados version are you using?

Check this article from the Trados KB - just to see how forum search works, enter "unavailable fonts" and restrict the search to this forum... works a charm!

Best regards,
Ralf

Beatriz Cirera  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:21
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
T-Windows Feb 9, 2006

Hi Ralph,
I am using Trados 6.5
If I use Tag Editor, how do I go back to PPS to deliver the files to the client?
I have never done it, I didn't even know this was possible (I mean, to use Tag Editor for Powerpoint file)
Thanks!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:21
English to German
+ ...
Save target as... Feb 9, 2006

Hi again,

I am using Trados 6.5

Then TagEditor should be able to open .ppt files - can you please quote the full version number, including the build number? 6.5.1.406 had some problems, including with Excel and PPT.

If I use Tag Editor, how do I go back to PPS to deliver the files to the client?

As with any format handled by TagEditor, you save the target.

I have never done it, I didn't even know this was possible (I mean, to use Tag Editor for Powerpoint file)

Well, well, not many people read the documentation...

I would suggest to look at the File Formats Reference Guide.

Best, Ralf

María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 05:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change the fonts, if possible Feb 9, 2006

Hi, Beatriz. The simplest way to solve this problem is by changing the fonts, if you're allowed to, that is.

In the Powerpoint window, just go to Format > Replace Fonts > in the "Replace:" option, click on the arrow to show the list of fonts. The ones that appear with a question mark are the ones not present in your computer, you should change those. Simply choose each one and then, in the "With:" option, choose the one that most closely resembles the one you're changing (e.g., changing Helvetica for Arial).

After replacing the fonts, T-Window should work OK.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Window for Powerpoint - unavailable fonts

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs