Mobile menu

Powerpoint with Trados T-Windows
Thread poster: Beatriz Cirera

Beatriz Cirera  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
Feb 9, 2006

I need to translate a PPS file using Trados, but I can't open the segments using T-windows for powerpoint. It tells me the file is using unavailable fonts.
Any ideas?

Direct link

Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:54
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
You have first to search for the fonts in Power point Feb 9, 2006

I don't exactly remember how, since I haven't had to use this function for a while, but the problem is due to the fact that Power Point is using some fonts you don't have on your machine.

In Power point you need to search for these fonts, replace them with something you do have (but that are not used elsewhere in the presentation), tranalate, then at the end replace back the fonts to those originally used in the power point (this is why you need to replaced the unavailable fonts with fonts not used elsewhere in the presentation).

Direct link

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:54
English to German
+ ...
Post only once, please... Feb 9, 2006

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powerpoint with Trados T-Windows

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs